Who can do this?
The procedures on this page should be performed by a Brightspace administrator for the global course navigation bar. However a course instructor can add the tool to their individual course navigation bars.
The instructions on this page describe how to add the external tool link for Echo360 analytics into the Course navigation bar for easy access by instructors. NOTE that unlike the Library tool, the Analytics tool MUST reside at the Course level. The Analytics page provided is specific to Echo360 media that is associated with the Brightspace course.
The Echo360 Analytics link allows instructors to get at-a-glance information about Student views of course media as well as polling responses for embedded interactive media or section-published presentations.
To add the Echo360 media analytics tool link to the Course navigation bar
- Log into Brightspace as an Administrator and ensure you are on the main landing/home page.
- Enter into a Course.
- Hover over the course navigation bar to expose a menu button as shown below.
- Select Edit the Shared Navbar from the menu options.
- In the Edit Navbar page, click Add Links as identified in the below figure.
- At the top of the Add Links dialog box that appears, click Create Custom Link.
- In the Create Custom Link dialog box that appears, enter a Name that clearly identifies the link you are creating as a link to Echo360 media analytics.
- Click Insert Quicklink as shown in the below figure.
- From the Insert Quicklink list, select External Learning Tools.
- From the list of configured Tools that appears, select the one clearly labeled as theEcho360 Media Analytics tool.
- When the Create Custom Link box returns, we suggest you retain the default Behavior selection of opening the link in a New Window/Tab, as shown in the figure earlier in these procedures. Using a new tab is not required, but provides more space for reviewing student viewing data and polling responses.
- Enter a Description for the new custom link (optional).
- Scroll down to the Availability section of the form and enable Limit to specific roles, as shown in the below figure.
- Select the user roles you want to have access to the link. At a minimum this is likely to be Instructor and Administrator. It may also include Course Designer if that user maps to Instructor in Echo360.
NOTE: You can select any roles you want to have access to the Analytics tool link, however Echo360 ONLY allows Echo360 instructors and administrators to access to student analytic data. Any other Echo360 user roles clicking the link will land on their Library page. See LMS to Echo360 User Role Mappings if necessary.
- Click Create at the bottom of the form.
- In the Add Links list that returns, select the Custom Links filter from the top, then find the custom link to Echo360 Media Analyticsyou just created.
- Click Add.
In the Edit Navbar page that appears, notice that your link now appears with the existing links configured for the bar.
- Make any changes needed, including relocating the new link in the navbar if necessary.
- Click Save and Close.
The main Course navigation bar now contains a link to the Echo360 media analytics, as shown in the figure at the top of this page. Each instructor can use the link to see student viewing data for Brightspace-course related Echo360 media. If there are more tools than FIT in a single line on the nav bar, the tool may appear in the More drop-down.