IMPORTANT: For full Zoom/LMS/Echo360 integration, Echo360 Instructors MUST be opted in to the Automatic copy of Zoom recordings to Echo360 (the toggle is turned on). In addition, their Zoom login email must match their LMS/Echo360 email, OR they must configure an Alternate email for their Zoom account.
See also Zoom Integration for Instructors and Teaching Assistants.
This article describes the steps that Instructors (or admins) need to take within each LMS course to complete the integration with Zoom and Echo360. The information here assumes that your Administrator has properly configured the LTI Pro App for your institution's Zoom account, and has added a Zoom LTI tool to your LMS/VLE.
The below steps provide the generic process for completion and may be sufficient for experienced LMS/VLE users. Each LMS is different, however, and if necessary, use the following links for more detailed procedures, as applies to the LMS/VLE you are using.
- Completing the Canvas to Zoom to Echo360 Integration
- Completing the Moodle to Zoom to Echo360 Integration
- Completing the Blackboard to Zoom to Echo360 Integration
- Completing the Brightspace to Zoom to Echo360 Integration
The following 3:45 video shows an integration with Canvas, but the the essential steps and the Zoom interface you see are the same.
Step 1 - Link your LMS course to an Echo360 section
Maybe you perform this regularly for your LMS courses. Maybe your administrator does this for you. Maybe your institution automatically creates new Echo360 course sections when you link from your LMS. However this happens for you, the first thing you need to do is create and then click the Echo360 tool link from your LMS course and ensure that you land in an Echo360 section.
For Canvas, the link to Echo360 likely already exists in the left navigation. Click it and either map or verify that an Echo360 section appears. For all other LMS/VLEs, you must add the Echo360 tool to the course, then click on it.
The following articles have specific instructions for this step for each LMS/VLE:
- Adding an Echo360 Link to a Canvas Course
- Adding the Echo360 Tool Link to Blackboard Courses
- Adding a Link to Echo360 into BrightSpace Courses
- Adding an Echo360 Link to a Canvas Course
- Adding a Link to Echo360 in Moodle Courses
- Adding an Echo360 link to Sakai Course Sites
While it is not strictly necessary to do this first, it is important that the LMS course to Echo360 section link exists. Doing so ensures that the recordings of the Zoom meetings you schedule for this LMS course are automatically published into classes in the linked Echo360 section.
Step 2 - Add the Zoom LTI Tool to your LMS Course
Adding the Zoom tool to your course is essentially the same process as adding the Echo360 tool to your course. The only difference is that this time you will select the Zoom LTI Tool that your administrator added to your LMS/VLE instance. Again, in Canvas, the tool link likely already exists in the left navigation. For other LMS/VLEs you will have to add the link yourself.
See the above linked set of instructions that pertain to the LMS/VLE you are using. They provide more detailed instructions for each LMS/VLE.
Step 3 - Click the Zoom link and schedule your Zoom classes
Once the LMS/VLE course is linked to an Echo360 section, and you have the Zoom tool link available, you can create your Zoom class meeting schedule directly in the LMS course. This LINKS the Zoom schedule to this course. It also links the Zoom meeting recordings to the Echo360 section. This means that those recordings, once complete, will appear in classes in your Echo360 section.
To schedule Zoom classes for the LMS/VLE course
- Click on the Zoom link you just added. Or in Canvas, click the Zoom link that likely resides in the left navigation.
- In the Zoom interface that appears, click Schedule a New Meeting, identified in the below figure.
- Complete the form, including date(s), time, duration, and whether the meeting is a recurring one.
- SCROLL DOWN to the Meeting Options section, as shown in the below figure. IT IS IMPORTANT that you check Record the meeting automatically in the cloud.
WHY is this important? Two reasons. First, so that your classes are automatically recorded without you having to remember to click Record. Second, so that those recordings go to the Zoom cloud and NOT your local computer. Echo360 can only pull the recordings from the Zoom cloud.
If you do NOT enable this, you will need to manually click Record on each meeting and (if given as an option) select Record to cloud.
- When you are done, click Save.
- Click Course Meetings from the top of the meeting details page, identified in the below figure.
The Zoom panel changes to show your newly created meeting(s). You can repeat these steps to add other class meetings for this course as appropriate.
Whenever you click the Zoom link for this course, you will again see the meeting list, as shown below. The meeting list includes a Start button for the next occurrence and a Delete button for deleting any of these meetings as needed.
Students who click the Zoom link will see a Join button for each meeting, as shown in the below figure.