Who can do this? A Zoom account administrator
With proper configuration, Zoom's LTI Pro app can be used to both schedule course meetings from within an LMS/VLE course, and then automatically publish those recordings to the corresponding Echo360 course/section. This allows students to both access the meetings in real time through the LMS, as well as review the recordings later in Echo360 (along with any other course materials posted by the instructor).
IMPORTANT: Two important items for this automated configuration to work end-to-end:
1) You must also have the Echo360 app installed for your Zoom account. This allows Echo360 to to automatically ingest Zoom recordings for each user. In addition, only Zoom cloud recordings can be ingested by Echo360. Set this as a meeting default or remind your instructors to record to the cloud.
2) After completing the below configuration, you MUST return to Echo360 and turn the LTI PRO toggle ON for your institution. This tells Echo360 to go look for the information needed to auto-publish to each section. The toggle is located in Settings Menu > Configurations > Zoom Configuration.
The procedures below are provided as a guide to Zoom LTI Pro configuration. The fields and settings not discussed here may also need to be configured but are not relevant to the Echo360 integration. Refer to the Zoom LTI Pro documentation as needed.
To install and configure the Zoom LTI Pro app for Echo360
- Log into your Zoom account as an administrator.
- In the left navigation, select Advanced then App Marketplace.
- Find and install the LTI Pro app.
- After installation, enter the app and click Manage, then select Configure from the Manage tab, as shown in the below figure.
- On the Configuration page (which is likely empty) click Create a new credential, identified in the below figure.
- Copy the URL, Key and Secret values from the new credentials page to a separate location. You will need these to create the Zoom LTI tool in your LMS/VLE.
Alternately, you can click Edit after the configuration is created to access these later. The edit button for an existing credential appears in the above figure.
- Scroll down on the credentials page and find the Approved Domain option in the list. This and the Tracking Field options (discussed in the next step) are shown in the below figure.
- Paste the base URL for your LMS/VLE into the Approved Domains text box. For example: https://MyUniversity.blackboard.edu or https://myUniversity.instructure.edu.
- Enable the Tracking Field option, identified in the above figure.
- If no tracking field has been identified for your account, a popup message appears.
- Click Add Tracking Field.
- In the new tab that appears, click Add to add a new tracking field.
- In the Add a Tracking Field box that appears, enter echo360_course_context as the label.
- Click Save.
- Return to the original tab with the Create Credentials form and enable the Tracking Field toggle again.
- In the popup box that appears, VERIFY that the Tracking Field listed there is echo360_course_context as shown in the below figure.
- Enter context_id as the LTI Attribute Name in the text box provided and click Save.
- Complete other entries for the credentials as necessary. Refer to the Zoom LTI Pro documentation if needed.
- When finished, click Credentials List from the top of the page.
The LTI Pro app is now configured. The next step is to add the Zoom LTI Pro tool to your LMS/VLE as a tool provider. You will use the URL, Key, and Secret from the above-configuration. If you need to, click Edit from the Credential List for the credential you created to view and copy these values.