If your institution has the one-click course provisioning for the LMS turned on, the process for linking directly to a classroom is similar but not identical to the process noted here. See Simplified Course Provisioning Options for Instructors for instructions related to an auto-created course and section.
See the articles listed below if embedding media directly into a content window or page of your LMS/VLE course is more appropriate than linking into a course's classroom. This may be preferred if you have media to share with students outside of any linked Echo360 course.
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Canvas
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Moodle
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Blackboard
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Brightspace (D2L)
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Sakai
- Embedding Videos into LMS Content Windows (without an embed button)
In addition to linking the LMS to the class list or "home page" for the section, Echo360 also allows you to create one or more links that each take students directly into a class for the section.
Echo360 cannot restrict student access to sections. If you are linking a single LMS course or MS Team to multiple Echo360 sections (and/or classes in multiple sections) and not all students should have access to all linked Echo360 sections, you must be certain to configure the links in the LMS to restrict which students can access them. Echo360 automatically enrolls any student who links into a section through an LMS link. Contact your administrator for assistance if necessary.
The instructions below assume the Echo360 section already exists, AND that there are classes in the section to choose from. The below procedures can be performed by an instructor or an administrator.
Allow Popups from the LMS site: If the LTI External tool link was configured to open in a new window/tab, the first time you access it, you may need to select to allow pop-ups from the LMS site in your browser. This should only be necessary the first time.
To link an LMS course directly to Echo360 section classes
NOTE: You may need to complete linking to the section home before the section's classes can be listed. This is because you, as the user, must be enrolled as an instructor in the section before a class list can be generated to select for linking.
- Log into the LMS or MS Teams as either an instructor or an admin.
- Open the LMS course/Team you want to link.
- If a link to the Echo360 section does not already exist, create one.
- Create a new link in the LMS for the direct-to-class link you are creating. Be sure to give each link a name that describes the class you are linking to (class name and date or other descriptor as appropriate). See the appropriate instructional page for your LMS:
- If there is one section linked to the LMS course, that section is selected by default. Select (or link) a different section if necessary.
- Below the course/section lists, enable to Link to a Classroom radio button.
The window expands to list all classes in the section.
- Select the class you want to link to, then click LINK CONTENT as shown in the below figure.
If you want to link to the section home (class list), follow the instructions in Linking LMS Courses to Echo360 Sections.
The Echo360 link is now linked to the corresponding classroom. Users clicking the link in their LMS are taken directly into that classroom to view the media.
AS CITED ABOVE: Echo360 cannot restrict student access to sections. If you are linking a single LMS course to multiple Echo360 sections (and/or classrooms in multiple sections) and not all students should have access to all linked Echo360 sections, you must be certain to configure the links in the LMS to restrict which students can see or access them. Echo360 will automatically enroll any student who links into a section through an LMS link. Contact your LMS administrator for assistance if necessary.
Repeat the above steps as often as necessary to create links to all the appropriate classrooms.
NOTE that even though students are directed into the classroom, they can still navigate throughout Echo360.
Admins that establish these links to Echo360 are automatically enrolled as instructors into the Echo360 section. They can be unenrolled later, after all the LMS links to Echo are established