In order for students to access the Echo360 content for a course, an Activity link to the Echo360 external tool must be added to each course.
Who can do this? A Moodle Admin can do this for all courses, or an Instructor or non-managing Teacher can do this for their own courses.
To add the Echo360 LTI tool link to a course
- Navigate to the Course Page: Home > Course Name.
- In the upper-right corner of the course page, click the Turn editing on button.
- In the main course row at the top of the page, select Add an activity or resource.
DO NOT click under a specific weekly entry on the page UNLESS you are linking directly to the Classes in your Echo360 section. In this case, you may prefer to use the weekly entries for these links.
- Select External Tool from the Activity list and click Add.
- On the Add a new External tool page, enter an Activity name that clearly identifies this as the Echo360 tool.
- In the External tool type list, select the Echo360 tool configured for Moodle.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT enter the Launch URL in this screen. That information is added in the external tool configuration, NOT in the course activity configuration. If you select the Echo360 tool already configured, this field should dim.
- From the Launch container drop-down list, select New window.
If the LTI tool was configured to open in a new window, you can leave this at Default, but if you are not sure, select New window. This allows Echo360 to open in a new tab/window, resolving issues experienced by Safari users where Echo360 would not open inside of the LMS frame. As an added bonus, the new tab provides more space in the Echo360 window for viewing and navigating through classroom media and functionality.
- Click Save Changes. The course page should now show an activity link to Echo360.
- On the Course page, click Turn editing off.
As the instructor or admin, you MUST now click this link and complete the configuration by selecting which Echo360 section (or classroom) this link leads to. See instructions below.
Once configured, when a student clicks this tool link, the Echo360 interface opens in a new tab/window, showing the class list (or classroom) from Echo360.
NOTE that users may have to allow pop-ups from the Moodle site for the new tab/window to launch.
Completing the Moodle Link into Echo360
Quick instructions for configuring the assignments link into Echo360. If you need more detailed instructions, see Linking LMS Courses to Echo360 Sections (Class List) or Linking LMS Courses to Individual Classes/Classrooms.
- Click the link to Echo360 you just created.
- Use the drop-down list(s) to select the Echo360 section you want to link to.
- Select Link to the Section Home to link students directly to the section class list.
Select Link to a Classroom to link students directly into a Class in the section, then select which class.
- Click LINK CONTENT to complete the configuration.
Once you link through, you are automatically enrolled as an instructor in the target section.