Having problems submitting videos?
1) A Moodle Administrator must have installed the Echo360 plugin AND filter for embedding Echo360 videos for Moodle, AND configured the system to allow Students to embed Echo360 videos.
2) The Student Library must be enabled.
If your Instructor has posted an Assignment in Moodle and requested you submit an Echo360 video as a response, use the below instructions to select and submit media from your Echo360 library.
Submitting Echo360 media is as simple as clicking the Echo360 Embed media button, identified in the below figure, then selecting the media you want to use from the list.
Once you submit media for a Moodle assignment, it is locked and cannot be edited or deleted. You can create a copy of the video or download it. An Echo360 Admin can delete the video if necessary.
Helpful Tip: You MAY find the easiest way to create video content is through the Echo360 Mobile Apps. Specifically, the Mobile Apps allow you to Upload a video from your phone or tablet into your content library. If you are not already a Mobile Apps user, you may need to create an Echo360 password to use with them first (Settings icon > Account Settings > Create Password).
The below procedure submits media YOU OWN (it appears in your Library with your name on it) as a Moodle assignment. The Echo360 embed media dialog box also allows you to upload and submit a video as a single process through the same interface. You may even have the option to create a new recording using Universal Capture Personal, if this feature has been enabled for students.
To submit an Echo360 video for a Moodle Assignment
- Log in to Moodle as a student then navigate into a course.
- Select the assignment you want to submit an Echo360 video response to.
- Click Add submission.
- Directly above the main portion of the content window, click the Echo360 icon, as identified in the above figure.
A dialog box appears with the Choose From My Home tab active, listing the videos you own. If you need to upload media to embed, click the Upload Existing Media tab, and refer to the instructions in the link if necessary.
- Scroll through the list or use the Search to search (by title) for the media you want.
- Click on the media you want to submit. This enables the Insert button as shown below.
- Click Insert as shown above.
Once inserted, the video itself does NOT show up in the window; the video submission shows up as a link in the content window, as shown below. This is normal behavior while you are editing the page.
Be careful not to modify the link! If you accidentally do so, delete the link and click the Echo360 button again to re-embed the video.
- Once your submission is complete, click Save changes.
Your video is submitted and will appear on the Submission page for the assignment.
The Instructor will be able to view and grade your submission in the Assignments Submissions page.