The instructions below will add Echo360 as an LTI tool provider in Blackboard. The configuration values given for the tool provider are propagated to the Placements created later for the tool provider.
These procedures must be performed by an LMS Administrator.
To add Echo360 as an LTI Provider
- Log in to Blackboard as a system administrator.
- Select System Admin from the top menu, then select Building Blocks (located logically enough in the Building Blocks group).
- From the Building Blocks page, select LTI Tool Providers.
- Select Register Provider Domain.
- In the Provider Domain field, enter the base Echo360 URL for your region as follows:
- For US users: echo360.org
- For UK users: echo360.org.uk
- For ANZ users: echo360.net.au
- For CA users: echo360.ca
- In the Default Configuration section of the page, do the following: (see also the best practice note below)
- Select Set globally.
- For Tool Provider Key, copy and paste the Consumer Key value from the Blackboard LTI profile in Echo360.
- For Tool Provider Secret, copy and paste the Shared Secret value from the Blackboard LTI Profile in Echo360.
It may be more appropriate for your institution to set the Default Configuration to Set separately for each link. In this case, the Tool Provider Key and Tool Provider Secret are simply pasted into the Placement for each tool provider, rather than these fields being inherited from the tool provider as shown in our Create Placement instructions.
- In the Institution Policies section of the screen, do the following:
- Select Send user data only over SSL.
- Enable all three checkboxes in User Fields to Send. These are required to auto-register/auto-enroll users in Echo360 sections:
- Role in Course (may be labeled Constituency in course)
- Email Address
- Click Submit.
The Echo360 Provider Domain is now an LTI Provider Tool and can now have "placements" created for adding to Blackboard courses.
BEST PRACTICE: Selecting and copying the values between Echo360 and the LMS can be difficult, and can be prone to not selecting the full value. To select the full value of an LMS field, do the following:
- Use your mouse to select a portion of the field values.
- Press Ctrl+A / Command+A to "select all" of the field.
- Press Ctrl+C / Command + C to copy the selected value.
- Paste the value into the corresponding field in the LMS LTI External Tool configuration.